Global Perspectives™ specialise in accessing hard to reach patients, HCPs and payers for HEOR, market access and linguistic validation projects for the pharmaceutical industry.
Global Perspectives™ were founded in 2009 and since then have completed 100s of projects across more than 50 countries around the world. Global Perspectives™ combine a central project management team with more than 100 local experts in each country to ensure that the correct recruitment strategy is used in each market according to the cultural and regulatory environment.
The patient recruitment methodology is tailored to each individual study and will normally use a combination of the following recruitment techniques. The key is to use the more efficient strategy in order to maximise feasibility and keep costs down.
- Online panels
- Clinician referrals
- Patient Associations
- Social Media advertising and targetting
- Recruiter proprietary databases
- Traditional advertising
Global Perspectives™ access patients for small qualititative projects as well as for large online samples. We can find and validate large numbers of patients with conditions such as diabetes, asthma and ADHD and harder-to-reach groups such as patients with particular cancers. We pick the correct recruitment strategy that will be the most efficient approach depending on the methodology and market.
Global Perspectives™ is owned by Kjetill Howard and Joe Waby who between them have more than 30 years’ experience in the market research industry. They run a team of 10 Project Managers, each specialised in a different area to ensure that clients get the correct advice at the right time.
Projects at Global Perspectives™ are managed centrally by the Project Management Team, but it is the Global Perspectives™ team of Local Experts who help define the recruitment strategy for each project, and who ultimately will be the ones who undertake the research.
Global Perspectives™ Local Experts can be any of the following:
- Specialists recruiters who know who best to get hold of a particular audience. Usually recruiters specialise in a certain area such as patient recruitment, HCP recruitment, consumer recruitment or B2B recruitment.
- Moderators who will undertake the qualitative interviews. Again moderators will usually have a specialist area, such as healthcare or B2B recruitment, while some specialise in focus groups or in-depth interviews.
- Translators. There are three types of translation services that we use of Global Perspectives™ projects; translations of project materials, simultaneous translation of telephone or face to face interviews; and transcription of audio files into English. We provide back translation and reconciliation services on request.
One of the most important roles of the Project Management Team is the selection, validation and training of Local Experts. Global Perspectives™ can only continue to deliver excellent work if the best local experts are selected, and the communication and training of Local Experts is thorough, timely and appropriate.
Increasingly, clients are asking Global Perspectives™ to obtain confirmation of diagnosis from patients when recruiting them for market research studies that later will be published in a scientific journal.
We have had a lot of success in confirming the diagnosis of patients. Exactly how we do this depends on the patient group, but it can be done in a number of ways:
- Asking patients to take a validation of diagnosis note to their nurse or physician so that it can be signed by then
- Recruiting via physicians who also agree to validate the diagnosis of their referred patients (with patient consent)
- Asking patients to take a photo of their medication
- Any other proof of diagnosis such as Doctor visit summary printouts or a screenshot of their healthcare patient portal
In 2016, we had a lot of success which such studies, especially in the USA, and increasing we are being asked to provide confirmation of diagnosis in Europe too.
For more information, please contact Diana de la Puente.