Global Perspectives™ is a full service market research provider who specialise in recruiting hard to reach patients and HCPs for HEOR, market access and linguistic validation projects for the pharmaceutical industry.
Global Perspectives™ were founded in 2009 and since then have completed 100s of projects across more than 50 countries around the world. Global Perspectives™ combine a central project management team with more than 100 local experts in each country to ensure that the correct recruitment strategy is used in each market according to the cultural and regulatory environment.
The patient recruitment methodology is tailored to each individual study and will normally use a combination of the following recruitment techniques. The key is to use the more efficient strategy in order to maximise feasibility and keep costs down.
- Online panels
- Clinician referrals
- Patient Associations
- Social Media advertising and targetting
- Recruiter proprietary databases
- Traditional advertising
Global Perspectives™ recruit patients for small qualititative projects as well as for large online samples. We recruit large numbers of patients with conditions such as diabetes, asthma and ADHD and harder-to-reach groups such as patients with particular cancers. We pick the correct recruitment strategy that will be the most efficient approach depending on the methodology and market.
Global Perspectives™ is owned by Kjetill Howard and Joe Waby who between them have more than 30 years’ experience in the market research industry. They run a team of 6 Project Managers, each specialised in a different area to ensure that clients get the correct advice at the right time.
Increasingly, clients are asking Global Perspectives™ to obtain confirmation of diagnosis from patients when recruiting them for market research studies that later will be published in a scientific journal.
We have had a lot of success in confirming the diagnosis of patients. Exactly how we do this depends on the patient group, but it can be done in a number of ways:
- Asking patients to take a validation of diagnosis note to their nurse or physician so that it can be signed by then
- Recruiting via physicians who also agree to validate the diagnosis of their referred patients (with patient consent)
- Asking patients to take a photo of their medication
- Any other proof of diagnosis such as Doctor visit summary printouts or a screenshot of their healthcare patient portal
In 2016, we had a lot of success which such studies, especially in the USA, and increasing we are being asked to provide confirmation of diagnosis in Europe too.
For more information, please contact Diana de la Puente.
Our global team of patient recruiters and moderators provide the crucial link between the translators and the native speaking patients. We recruit the patients from any country and language group with the required pathology, interview them using cognitive debriefing techniques and report in English.
The aim of the cognitive debriefing is to evaluate the clarity, understandability, naturalness and adequacy of a draft translation of any health instrument or communication material. Our research teams around the globe:
– Recruit the patients and/or clinicians
– Moderate and audio record the interviews that would be conducted face-to-face, unless other methods have been agreed with the client
– Identify wording, phrases and expressions that the respondents have difficulty understanding and/or think are unsuitable
– Report the issues and suggestions for language improvements
We combine global experience with local knowledge – While projects are managed centrally by our experienced Project Managers, we use associates with local expertise to undertake the research. We always use associates who are native speakers in the country where the research is based.