At Global Perspectives™, we specialize in supporting Contract Research Organizations. Over the past few years, our CRO client base has grown tremendously.
Global Perspectives™ are the experts at patient, HCP and payer recruitment for market research and pre/post clinical trial interview purposes.
Patient, HCP and payer recruitment is essential for the success of many patient outcomes, health economics and market access projects. We focus on maximizing the feasibility of audiences in the most cost efficient manner. In this way, we can recruit hard-to-reach patients, HCPs or payers for elicitation, cognitive debriefing, and other qualitative interviews. By combining and choosing from an array of recruitment methodologies, we can also obtain large samples for quantitative surveys.
Global Perspectives™ work in over 50 countries every year by combining a central PM Team with Local Experts in each country. Our SOPs ensure that Local Experts all work to the same high standards of quality.
While our core expertise is in the recruitment of patients, HCPs and payers, our complementary services ensure we provide the maximum value to our CRO clients:
- Confirmation of diagnosis. For patient recruitment, we have a number of different validation levels, the maximum of which is confirmation of diagnosis by obtaining a signed Dr’s note confirming the patient’s diagnosis. In this way, the study authors can be assured of the validity of the respondents
- Submission for ethics approvals is often essential if the study will later be published in a scientific journal
- Moderation and survey scripts. We have a network of experienced healthcare moderators around the world and have an expert team of survey scripters that script and host online surveys according to the latest data protection standards
- Our team of translators translate survey materials and provide English transcripts of qualitative interviews
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss how Global Perspectives™ can help you. We would love to hear from you!
As the 25th May 2018 GDPR deadline approaches, Global Perspectives™ would like to announce that we have tweaked our procedures in order to be fully GDPR compliant.
Over the past 12 months, we have reviewed our procedures regarding data protection, consent and storage of data, handling and personal information, and have made the following changes:
- Members of our recruiter databases must have provided explicit consent in order to be contacted for future studies
- Members of our databases or panellists must have the opportunity to ask for all their personal information to be removed from the database, and to be not contacted for future studies
- We have tightened up our personal data handling procedures to ensure greater separation of personal identifying PII data from market research data
- When transferring personal information, we must use 256 bit encrypted file sharing portals. No personal information should appear in email text or in attachments to emails
Just a reminder that Global Perspectives™ , and any recruiter or moderator working on our projects must follow ESOMAR market research guidelines. ESOMAR guidelines also align with GDPR rules and Global Perspectives internal SOPs.
If you have any queries regarding Global Perspectives™ and GDPR or would like to see a copy of our SOPs please contact Joe Waby at email@example.com.
Global Perspectives™ are experts in providing linguistic validation services for the localization of healthcare questionnaires in over 100 languages around the world.
Three aspects of Global Perspectives™ make us the ideal choice for the localization of healthcare questionnaires:
- Expert recruiters of hard-to-reach audiences. Our network of recruiters is best placed to recruit the clinicians and patients needed to test the target language materials. For example, we have recruited GPs, psychologists, and oncologists for clinician reviews and recruited patients with haemophilia, autism or lung cancer to undertake cognitive debriefing interviews. Our recruiters use a combination of market research recruitment techniques to recruit clinicians and patients.
- Experienced cognitive debriefing moderators in every country. All moderators are native speakers of the target language and also fluent in English. Moderators complete the Global Perspectives™ cognitive debriefing training programme, are individually briefed on each project and audio files/reports for the first interviews are checked and certified before being allowed to continue with further interviews.
- Global Perspectives™ Project Managers manage all projects according to our SOPs, which allows us to achieve a high and consistent quality standard for all projects, no matter which language and moderators are used.
Here are three different linguistic validation services that we offer:
- Self-completion clinician reviews. We recruit a bilingual clinician in the chosen market, validate the clinician profile with the client and ensure that they complete the review task by the deadline.
- Cognitive Debriefing of patient interviews. We recruit patients all over the world e.g. five haemophilia patients and five haemophilia caregivers in 20 countries around the world, and then deliver audio files and cognitive debriefing reports that contain recommendations of how to amend the validated documents.
- General population focus groups. A quick and easy way to validate documents is to run focus groups in a chosen market with an experienced moderator.
If you would like to learn more about our linguistic validation services, please contact Paula or Guiomar.
Over the past 12 months at Global Perspectives, we have obtained a lot of knowledge and experience regarding ethical approvals for market research studies in Europe.
Many of our healthcare clients obtain US IRB approval for their Patient Outcomes and other market research projects. However, they are less certain on what approval is needed around Europe.
Each country in Europe has different rules and regulations regarding when ethical and regulatory approval is needed. From our experience, we can summarise the following:
- In general, ethical approval in Europe is not needed if it is a market research study and recruitment will not be taking place at clinical sites
- However, ethical approval may be desired if the research will be subsequently published in a scientific journal
- Obtaining FEKI approval in Germany is a good option as this is fairly quick and straight forward and recognised in many countries across Europe
- Other countries such as France may simply require the project to be registered with the relevant regulatory body
For further information on how Global Perspectives can help you obtain Ethical approvals for your healthcare market research studies, please contact Joe Waby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the past 12 months, we have seen an increased demand from our clients for recruiting and interviewing payers across Europe.
Now that we have completed a numbers of healthcare payer projects, we wanted to share a little of what we have learned:
- Payers tend to work for drug advisory boards and purchasing committees either at national or regional administrative level, at medical insurers or at local hospitals or clinics
- Identifying exactly who is a payer and whether you will want to speak to them depends on the regulatory healthcare environment in each country. For example, most of the hospitals in Germany are part of bigger hospital groups where drug purchasing is centrally regulated. In Austria, the Medical Insurer Drug Advisory committees are very policy-relevant at national level.
- Recruiters must have a good knowledge of the national, regional and local drug purchase decision making process in each country in order to decide who we can target for the study recruitment, and how many participants we could possibly achieve. Determining the recruitment strategy based on previous experiences is specially key for the success of this type of projects.
- The responsibilities of payers varies according to each country. For example, payers in Spain tend to be associated with each autonomous region. Payers in France can be national or local in scope, but national payers belong to the public administration and are usually not open to being interviewed
We have successfully recruited and interviewed payers in 12 European countries in the past 12 months. We are therefore able to give you advice about your payer project during the planning process.
As we learn more at Global Perspectives™, we will update you. We are currently exploring the payer environment in countries outside Europe such as Russia, Egypt and Thailand.
Please contact Diana de la Punte for more information.
By combining a number of different recruitment techniques, Global Perspectives™ can reach large numbers of difficult to reach respondents, particularly in the healthcare sector.
More common pathologies can be researched among large numbers of patients while rare diseases can be tested qualitatively with a few respondents.
We have recruited patients across a wide range of pathologies. Below is a sample of some of the patient audiences we have recruited over the past few years, and quite often we have been recruited sub-sets of these patients e.g. patients who are at a certain stage of the disease, or patients who are taking a particular drug/treatment.
Kidney Disease and Dialysis
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Acute Otitis Externa
Global Perspectives™ is a UK company and consists of a team of Project Managers located in Oviedo, Spain and Waterloo, Belgium.
All projects are centrally managed by the Project Managers. The role of the PM is one of strategy, communication, logistics, training and problem solving. Project Managers consult with Local Experts around the world in order to make decisions and then train them according to the specification of each project.
While the PM Team manage their global network of Local Experts, our clients communicate directly through their designated Project Manager to enable a seamless, convenient and consistent client experience.
If you would like to know more about Global Perspectives™ then please email us at email@example.com or contact a Project Manager from their profiles according to their speciality and experience.