At Global Perspectives™, we specialize in supporting Contract Research Organizations. Over the past few years, our CRO client base has grown tremendously.
Global Perspectives™ are the experts at patient, HCP and payer recruitment for market research and pre/post clinical trial interview purposes.
Patient, HCP and payer recruitment is essential for the success of many patient outcomes, health economics and market access projects. We focus on maximizing the feasibility of audiences in the most cost efficient manner. In this way, we can recruit hard-to-reach patients, HCPs or payers for elicitation, cognitive debriefing, and other qualitative interviews. By combining and choosing from an array of recruitment methodologies, we can also obtain large samples for quantitative surveys.
Global Perspectives™ work in over 50 countries every year by combining a central PM Team with Local Experts in each country. Our SOPs ensure that Local Experts all work to the same high standards of quality.
While our core expertise is in the recruitment of patients, HCPs and payers, our complementary services ensure we provide the maximum value to our CRO clients:
- Confirmation of diagnosis. For patient recruitment, we have a number of different validation levels, the maximum of which is confirmation of diagnosis by obtaining a signed Dr’s note confirming the patient’s diagnosis. In this way, the study authors can be assured of the validity of the respondents
- Submission for ethics approvals is often essential if the study will later be published in a scientific journal
- Moderation and survey scripts. We have a network of experienced healthcare moderators around the world and have an expert team of survey scripters that script and host online surveys according to the latest data protection standards
- Our team of translators translate survey materials and provide English transcripts of qualitative interviews
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss how Global Perspectives™ can help you. We would love to hear from you!
As the 25th May 2018 GDPR deadline approaches, Global Perspectives™ would like to announce that we have tweaked our procedures in order to be fully GDPR compliant.
Over the past 12 months, we have reviewed our procedures regarding data protection, consent and storage of data, handling and personal information, and have made the following changes:
- Members of our recruiter databases must have provided explicit consent in order to be contacted for future studies
- Members of our databases or panellists must have the opportunity to ask for all their personal information to be removed from the database, and to be not contacted for future studies
- We have tightened up our personal data handling procedures to ensure greater separation of personal identifying PII data from market research data
- When transferring personal information, we must use 256 bit encrypted file sharing portals. No personal information should appear in email text or in attachments to emails
Just a reminder that Global Perspectives™ , and any recruiter or moderator working on our projects must follow ESOMAR market research guidelines. ESOMAR guidelines also align with GDPR rules and Global Perspectives internal SOPs.
If you have any queries regarding Global Perspectives™ and GDPR or would like to see a copy of our SOPs please contact Joe Waby at email@example.com.
Global Perspectives™ are experts in providing linguistic validation services for the localization of healthcare questionnaires in over 100 languages around the world.
Three aspects of Global Perspectives™ make us the ideal choice for the localization of healthcare questionnaires:
- Expert recruiters of hard-to-reach audiences. Our network of recruiters is best placed to recruit the clinicians and patients needed to test the target language materials. For example, we have recruited GPs, psychologists, and oncologists for clinician reviews and recruited patients with haemophilia, autism or lung cancer to undertake cognitive debriefing interviews. Our recruiters use a combination of market research recruitment techniques to recruit clinicians and patients.
- Experienced cognitive debriefing moderators in every country. All moderators are native speakers of the target language and also fluent in English. Moderators complete the Global Perspectives™ cognitive debriefing training programme, are individually briefed on each project and audio files/reports for the first interviews are checked and certified before being allowed to continue with further interviews.
- Global Perspectives™ Project Managers manage all projects according to our SOPs, which allows us to achieve a high and consistent quality standard for all projects, no matter which language and moderators are used.
Here are three different linguistic validation services that we offer:
- Self-completion clinician reviews. We recruit a bilingual clinician in the chosen market, validate the clinician profile with the client and ensure that they complete the review task by the deadline.
- Cognitive Debriefing of patient interviews. We recruit patients all over the world e.g. five haemophilia patients and five haemophilia caregivers in 20 countries around the world, and then deliver audio files and cognitive debriefing reports that contain recommendations of how to amend the validated documents.
- General population focus groups. A quick and easy way to validate documents is to run focus groups in a chosen market with an experienced moderator.
If you would like to learn more about our linguistic validation services, please contact Paula or Guiomar.
By combining a number of different recruitment techniques, Global Perspectives™ can reach large numbers of difficult to reach respondents, particularly in the healthcare sector.
More common pathologies can be researched among large numbers of patients while rare diseases can be tested qualitatively with a few respondents.
We have recruited patients across a wide range of pathologies. Below is a sample of some of the patient audiences we have recruited over the past few years, and quite often we have been recruited sub-sets of these patients e.g. patients who are at a certain stage of the disease, or patients who are taking a particular drug/treatment.
Kidney Disease and Dialysis
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Acute Otitis Externa
Projects at Global Perspectives™ are managed centrally by the Project Management Team, but it is the Global Perspectives™ team of Local Experts who help define the recruitment strategy for each project, and who ultimately will be the ones who undertake the research.
Global Perspectives™ Local Experts can be any of the following:
- Specialists recruiters who know who best to get hold of a particular audience. Usually recruiters specialise in a certain area such as patient recruitment, HCP recruitment, consumer recruitment or B2B recruitment.
- Moderators who will undertake the qualitative interviews. Again moderators will usually have a specialist area, such as healthcare or B2B recruitment, while some specialise in focus groups or in-depth interviews.
- Translators. There are three types of translation services that we use of Global Perspectives™ projects; translations of project materials, simultaneous translation of telephone or face to face interviews; and transcription of audio files into English. We provide back translation and reconciliation services on request.
One of the most important roles of the Project Management Team is the selection, validation and training of Local Experts. Global Perspectives™ can only continue to deliver excellent work if the best local experts are selected, and the communication and training of Local Experts is thorough, timely and appropriate.
Increasingly, clients are asking Global Perspectives™ to obtain confirmation of diagnosis from patients when recruiting them for market research studies that later will be published in a scientific journal.
We have had a lot of success in confirming the diagnosis of patients. Exactly how we do this depends on the patient group, but it can be done in a number of ways:
- Asking patients to take a validation of diagnosis note to their nurse or physician so that it can be signed by then
- Recruiting via physicians who also agree to validate the diagnosis of their referred patients (with patient consent)
- Asking patients to take a photo of their medication
- Any other proof of diagnosis such as Doctor visit summary printouts or a screenshot of their healthcare patient portal
In 2016, we had a lot of success which such studies, especially in the USA, and increasing we are being asked to provide confirmation of diagnosis in Europe too.
For more information, please contact Diana de la Puente.